Friday 27 July 2007

Merdeka Ads - deep stuff

Have you ever come accross some cheeeeeeeesy advertisement on television that was really lame? And you start thinking things like :

"I can do such much better than that ad" or
"Buy Malaysian? haha, as if" or
"Save our rivers, save water? I think i'm going to go water my car"
and so on so forth?

Well, being so far away from home, i scroll through the
New Straits Times and Daily Express online to see whats up back home. And in NST, they have this small corner on the right, patroned by Petronas, showcasing some really really good Malaysian clips. All of them have one theme- the 50th Merdeka Celebrations (Independance day to you non-Malaysians).

Here's the link:
Petronas Ads

Take a look at it youself. I think they are of superb quality and it really makes me wonder about this whole Merdeka thing. They may require some translation for you my dear non-Malaysians, so ask me if you want it translated. My personal favourite is the one with the small boy being taken to the Padang Merdeka. Deep stuff.. Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's a cute video. but i don't understand what KITA stands for.