Sunday 13 January 2008

To The Passport Curious...


Quick story of how i came back to switzerland (to use "exhaustion" as a sub-excuse)...

from Kota Kinabalu- Singapore (overnight)
Singapore-Dubai, via Colombo (9hrs55m)
-transit in Dubai for 2hrs-
Dubai-Milan Malpensa, via Rome (8hrs45m)
Malpensa-Milano Centrale-Malpensa (about 5hrs30m)
Malpensa-Domodossolla-Brig (about 2hrs20m)
Brig-Alpina (3m)


Okay..so lots of people are curious with the whole passport thing...so here is a step by step guide to how my passport was misplaced...

Step 1: I was supposed to catch a bus to Domodossolla (to catch a train to Brig) at 14:45pm BUT as my flight was delayed, i missed the bus.

Step 2: So, I decided to go to the Internet corner to check for trains that i can catch, the only ones being from Milano Centrale Station (MCS)

Step 3: As you only pay at the end of usage, you give them the passport as a "deposit", so to say.

Step 4: After using the net, I wanted to pay by cash, but the dude had no change, so I paid by credit card. When he returned my card, i assumed that was it, and left- forgetting the passport.

Step 5: Got on the bus, took an hour ride to MCS

Step 6: Arrived 3 mins before the train I wanted was due to leave (fortunately it was delayed), got my ticket and got on the train. After a while, realized my passport was missing (train was further delayed)

Step 7: Called Magnus/Mr Gutzwiller to ask if I can use my B-permit to cross the border (of which, as a Malaysian, I do not even require one)

Step 8: Realized I left it with the internet dude, SO, got off the train and took the same one hour bus ride BACK to Malpensa airport

Step 9: The Bus i originally intended to take was there, so i hopped on and finally got on the right train at Domodossolla to Brig, arriving around 10pm...

Step 10: Realized that too many people were asking.. (Hi Ian, good to see you are here, and DID YOU FIND YOUR PASSPORT?) grr...lots or repetition, so i decided to blog it so it makes my life easier

There you go..my 10 Steps of how-to-lose-your-passport-and-find-it-again-and-realize-blogging-makes-it-easier-to-explain-it-to-many-people :)


Oh, and while in Singapore, spending time with my Aunty (who is a year younger than i am...due to the different generation levels), I had the sluttiest looking picture of myself taken- ever!


Look at the damn eyes! and yeah, the seatbelt ruined it all...

3 comments:

♥ Jude said...

haha you slut you. anyway i'm glad you found your passport don't be so careless last time xoxo aunty jude :P

♥ Jude said...

p.s. WHY ISNT MY BLOG WORTH A VISIT?!?!?!

Michele Yong said...

hahahahahahahaha SLUT.